주일낮설교(한영중)

Luke 9:12-20

0 1,473 2020.12.24 05:45

Scripture: Luke 9:12-20                      

Title: Lecture on Luke's Gospel                                            

12. Late in the afternoon the Twelve came to him and said, “Send the crowd away so they can go to the surrounding villages and countryside and find food and lodging, because we are in a remote place here.”

13.  He replied, “You give them something to eat.”

They answered, “We have only five loaves of bread and two fish—unless we go and buy food for all this crowd.” 

14 (About five thousand men were there.)

But he said to his disciples, “Have them sit down in groups of about fifty each.” 

15 The disciples did so, and everyone sat down. 

16 Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke them. Then he gave them to the disciples to distribute to the people. 

17 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.

18 Once when Jesus was praying in private and his disciples were with him, he asked them, “Who do the crowds say I am?”

19 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, that one of the prophets of long ago has come back to life.”

20 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

Peter answered, “God’s Messiah.”

Baby Potato asked Mother Potato, "Mom, am I a potato?" Then the mother potato replied, "It's a carrot!" (Sounds the same as Of Course). In that way, the little potato ran away. This was because the Mother, Potato, was said “It’s a carrot” confusing the baby potato’s identity.

Baby Potato came back home and asked Grandma Potato “Grandma, am I a potato?” The grandmother potato from Gyeongsang-do responds with “It’s a cucumber” (Sounds similar to “Yes” in the Gyeongsang-do dialect). Baby Potato leaves the house again. This is because Grandma Potato said ' It’s a cucumber ~' to him, calling him a ‘Cucumber’.

The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.”

“I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”

(Genesis 12:1-3)

The purpose of God's call to Abraham is 'to be a source of blessing and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.' Hallelujah!

After God created the heavens and earth and all things, he said, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it.” But the surprising fact is what the writer of Genesis wrote this before he declared this statement. Let’s all read the words of Genesis 1:28 together.

28. God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

Hallelujah !

It is said, “God blessed them and said to them….” Before saying, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it.” he reprinted the fact that, "God blessed them..."

One of the things that a believer realizes and feels in his life of faith is how blessed the existence of a believer is. Do you believe how blessed you are?

There is one theme that is mentioned in the text we read together before: ‘Who really is Jesus?’ Shall we read the words of Luke 9:9 together?

9 But Herod said, “I beheaded John. Who, then, is this I hear such things about?” And he tried to see him.

Hallelujah

Jesus' disciples received Jesus' call to send them out and went to towns and villages, healing and preaching the Gospel everywhere. Then, what happened to the disciples during their evangelistic trip? Let’s all read Luke 10:17 to 19 together.

17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”

18 He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 

19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

Hallelujah

Jesus' disciples went on an evangelistic trip and returned. And reported what happened during their. The disciples were sent to evangelism and experienced amazing things. During evangelism, they witnessed the scene where demons are driven out in the name of Jesus. Hallelujah !

And many Jews witnessed that the demons were cast out while the disciples were evangelizing. In addition, it was a shock to the many Jews who witnessed this news, and this shocking rumor went one step further to Herod.

When Herod heard the news that Jesus' disciples had cast out demons, he felt marvelled. Herod, then, pondered what kind of person Jesus was who sent such disciples? He was so curious. And, so, he wanted to meet Jesus. Hallelujah

By the command of Jesus, the demons were cast out through the disciples who were sent out by him, and in other texts, there are records of sick people being healed.

As a result of this, Herod saw Jesus' disciples casting out demons and performing miracles that could not be done with medicine at the time, and then, his curiosity about what kind of person Jesus is grew a lot. Let's read verse 9 again.

9 But Herod said, “I beheaded John. Who, then, is this I hear such things about?” And he tried to see him.

Hallelujah !

Not only that. In Luke 8:24-25 it is written, let’s read together:

24 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!”

He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. 

25 “Where is your faith?” he asked his disciples.

In fear and amazement they asked one another, “Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him.”

Hallelujah!

Jesus meets a strong storm while crossing the Sea of ​​Galilee with his disciples. But when Jesus, who was sleeping, woke up and rebuked the wind and the waves, it is written, "the storm subsided, and all was calm." 

Then, the disciples said, "Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him.” and were prompted about who Jesus really is. Jesus and his disciples reach region of the Gerasenes, and there it is reveal who he is through a demon-possessed man living among the tombs.

When the demon-possessed man living in among the tombs in the region of Gerasenes saw Jesus, he trembled in front of him and fell at his feet saying, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God?” Keep in mind that the disciples had the curiosity of who Jesus is that the winds and the waves obey him.

But surprisingly, it came to prove that Jesus is the Son of God through the demons. Hallelujah! In Today’s text, Herod, also, wondered who Jesus was through his disciples who exercised tremendous power to cast out demons. Who is Jesus? Let’s read verse 18 of the text together.

18 Once when Jesus was praying in private and his disciples were with him, he asked them, “Who do the crowds say I am?”

Hallelujah!

Jesus went to pray with his disciples. And he asked his disciples this question: “Who do the crowd say I am?” What group is he talking about? Let’s read verses 16 to 17 together.

16 Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke them. Then he gave them to the disciples to distribute to the people. 

17 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.

Hallelujah!

Jesus looked up to the heaven with five loaves of bread and two fish, gave thanks, and broke it. Five thousand men, not including woman and the children, ate with 12 baskets left over. If we include the women and children, there could be more than 20,000 people.

It was a shock to those groups. Moreover, the bigger shock was the disciples who followed Jesus. Jesus was talking with his disciples. He didn't ask direct the question at the disciples at first.

Jesus asked “Who do the crowds say I am?” The intention of asking this question was to give the disciples room to think. In order to bring out the thought of who Jesus is, Jesus asked first “Who do the crowds say I am?” to the disciples.

Jesus was interested not in the crowd. Instead, Jesus was interest in his disciples. He asked, “Who do the crowds say I am?” to bring out the identity that the disciples had.

Jesus was interest is the values ​​of the disciples. What kind of mind do the disciples have? Hallelujah!! The disciples answer Jesus as we can read in 19 together:

19 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, that one of the prophets of long ago has come back to life.”

Hallelujah!

The disciples answered what the crowd thought of Jesus. However, Jesus hears the answers of these disciples and asks the serious question. This is in verse 20. Let’s read it all together.

Hallelujah!

Jesus asked his disciples, “Who do you say I am?" Hallelujah! Jesus has gone through numerous processes to ask this question to his disciples. They experienced the strong storm in the Sea of ​​Galilee. “Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him.”

And through the evangelism journeys, the disciples cast out demons and experienced tremendous power. All the Jews and even Herod wanted to see who Jesus was.

And Jesus works with his disciples in the wilderness of Bethsaida to perform the miracle of five loaves of bread and two fish. However, the focus of the miracle was not on the group of people. Jesus was focused on the disciples who were always by his side.

Jesus performed a tremendous miracle. He fed 20,000 people with five loaves of bread and two fish, and filled twelve baskets with leftovers. Hallelujah!

All of the disciples experienced this incredible and wonderful sight. Each and every incident that the disciples had had could be thought of like a panorama. The Galilee Storm - Gerasenes Tomb Incident - Casting out demons from the evangelistic trips - Jews and King Herod's great interest in Jesus – The miracle of five loves and 2two fish in the wilderness of Bethsaida.

Everyone! Although each incident seems to be completely separate, the fact is, that they are all connected. We have looked at each of the contents of this case, but the essence of this case is the point of view of “Who is Jesus?” 

And deep in the view of who Jesus is, there is the purpose of letting the disciples know who Jesus really is. It is a long journey. It seems like an event that has fallen one by one, but you discover that Jesus is Jesus' perfect master plan to give his disciples the right values ​​and the right identity.

Hallelujah!

Hear Peter's confession. Who does Peter say Jesus is? Let’s read verse 20 again.

Hallelujah!

Peter answered: “God’s Messiah (Christ).” Peter answers the question of who Jesus is, saying that He is the “God’s Messiah (Christ).”

Christ means 'to pour oil'. In the Old Testament there were offices of anointing, which were prophets, priests, and kings. And in transliteration, it means the Messiah who was anointed with 'mesh ha'. When Jesus asked “Who do you say I am?” to Peter, he confesses “God’s” (in other words, sent by God) Messiah” Hallelujah!

In Matthew 16:15-16, Peter writes a more clear and specific confession, which we can read together.

15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 

16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

Hallelujah~

Peter confesses that Jesus is “Lord.” We have already said in the last hour that the Lord was Adonai [אֲדֹנָי] in Hebrew and Kurios [Κύριος] in Greek. In English expression, it means “Lord”.

In the Old Testament, the name of Jehovah [יהוה] in God's holy name is marked as the God of covenant and promise. And the word that is used in place of Jehovah[יהוה], the God of covenant and promise, is Adonai [אֲדֹנָי ].

Peter confessed the Lord as the Son of God, who came in the flesh among the trinity. And he said that the Lord is Christ. Christ is 'Savior' or 'Messiah'.

Not only that, he is also the “Son of the Living God.”. The English Bible says, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” This means “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” The Son of the living God. It means 'God Himself'. It means that God Himself came to this earth in the flesh. Hallelujah!

Through Peter, Jesus repeatedly and continuously gave the thought of, "Who is Jesus?" And this was to make sure of the confession of Jesus as “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

God created man and blessed him in that he called Abraham and saying that he is the source of blessings and that all nations may be blessed through him. This means Jesus is the Son of God and will give eternal life to those who believe in him. Hallelujah!

Yes, dear saints, eternal life! This cannot be set as a price by anything in this world. I want you to believe that eternal life is in our Lord Jesus Christ!

We are in front of that wonderful blessing of eternal life. We bless in the name of the Lord that we inherit the beautifully precious inheritance from God, eternal life, and further fulfill our mission in front of this precious gospel proposition, so that our lives will be full of blessings, joy, and thanksgiving. Amen.

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 6 명
  • 오늘 방문자 227 명
  • 어제 방문자 320 명
  • 최대 방문자 2,023 명
  • 전체 방문자 291,673 명
  • 전체 게시물 -207 개
  • 전체 댓글수 11 개
  • 전체 회원수 255 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand