주일낮설교(한영중)

Title:Biblical Tithe

0 1,436 2021.03.14 08:52

Bible:Mal 3:7~12 March 14, 2021

Title:Biblical Tithe Weekend morning worship

7. Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept {them}. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

8. Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

9. Ye {are} cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, {even} this whole nation.

10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that {there shall} not {be room} enough {to receive it}.

11. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

12. And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.

Rockefeller earned $1.50 on his first income while working part-time as a child. The money was earned by Rockefeller's full-time work for a week. Rockefeller was very happy to give the money to his mother.

At that time, Rockefeller's mother said that "My beloved son Rockefeller, you've worked hard for a week and given me all the precious money $1.50! I'm so glad. But God will bless you greatly and amazingly if you give him tithe that one-tenth the money you earned."

Rockefeller gave the tithe to God as he was taught by his mother. And decades have passed since then. Rockefeller's company had about 40 employees who calculated the tithe. He was the richest man in the world. Rockefeller was the richest man in the world, but he was an outstanding church architect who built the most churches in the world.

There were as many as 5,000 churches he built in his lifetime. If the number of Korean churches was 50,000, it was like building one-tenth of the Korean churches.

Christians who believe in Jesus have a generalized life of tithe. Of course, They give God the tithe. Nevertheless, there are still many saints who are financially and economically difficult by giving the tithe.

Obviously, there are still difficulties in the Bible, even though it said "if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that not enough" in the case of giving God the tithe.

Obviously, if there are still difficulties despite being blessed when you giving God the tithe, then I pray for you to hear this today and to be the main character of God's blessing in the name of the Lord.

In the text we read today, it's written like this. Let's read the words of verse 10 that we read together once again.

10. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that {there shall} not {be room} enough {to receive it}.

Hallelujah Amen

In verse 10, God says, "Bring ye all the tithes." And in the concluding words of the second half of the 10th verse, it is written, "pour you out a blessing, that not enough" The Tithe is God's command? The Tithe is clearly written in the Old Testament by the law. Shall we read the Bible? Lev 27:30~34 verses.

30. And all the tithe of the land, {whether} of the seed of the land, {or} of the fruit of the tree, {is} the Lord's: {it is} holy unto the Lord.

31. And if a man will at all redeem {ought} of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth {part} thereof.

32. And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, {even} of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the Lord.

33. He shall not search whether it be good or bad, neither shall he change it: and if he change it at all, then both it and the change thereof shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.

34. These {are} the commandments, which the Lord commanded Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai.

Hallelujah Amen

The Tithe was clearly statutory in the Old Testament as the law. What is statutory by law is that God has ordered it to do this. It's not something you can keep or don't have to keep. It's something you must keep.

The Old Testament was an agrarian society. So when They gave God the tithe, They calculated one-tenth of the grain or livestock and gave it to God. Today, it's the same as giving God one-tenth of your income.

Then what is the reason for giving the tithe? Why did God ask you to give the tithe? We read from Numbers 3:11 to verse 13. And verse 41 together.

11.And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

12.And I, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel instead of all the firstborn that openeth the matrix among the children of Israel: therefore the Levites shall be mine

13.Because all the firstborn {are} mine; {for} on the day that I smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt I hallowed unto me all the firstborn in Israel, both man and beast: mine shall they be: I {am} the Lord.

41.And thou shalt take the Levites for me (I {am} the Lord) instead of all the firstborn among the children of Israel; and the cattle of the Levites instead of all the firstlings among the cattle of the children of Israel.

Hallelujah Amen

Israel has 12 tribes, and among them, the Leviticus chose to listen to God working in the tabernacle and worshiping God. The tabernacle means the church today. God chose the tribe of Levi to work in worship at the church.

And the Levi's have to worship and work for the church, so they don't do other common things. If you look at today's text, it's written like this. Let's all read verse 10 together.

Hallelujah Amen

One of the reasons giving God the tithe was, "Let my house have food." My house refers to the tabernacle and the church today. The Levi's are unable to engage in economic activities because they have to concentrate on the service of the tabernacle.

To put it this day, we need to make a tithe for the pastor to have a ministry. And They have to give God the tithe to run the church. That's why the reporter Malagese said, "Let my house have food."

The Tithe is God's plan that contains God's management philosophy. God established a tabernacle through the Levite, thereby setting up a law for the people of Israel to serve God. This is the law of God. Hallelujah.

Recently, however, some strange, fake pastors have been preaching on the Internet that they don't have to give God the tithe. When they say what is the reason, the Old Testament law has been abolished by coming of Jesus.

Is that so? Did Jesus come to this land to destroy the law? No, what is your law? It is God's word. The promise of God, which was promised in the Old Testament era, is called the law. Then, is there a problem with the law?

No, the law is perfect. It is a promise and covenant of God that is not wrong at all. Nevertheless, will some foolish pastors say that the law has been abolished by Jesus' coming? Let's read Romans 10:3 to verse 4 together.

3.For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4.For Christ {is} the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Hallelujah Amen

Those who claim that they do not have to give the tithe claim that Jesus has come and done the law, so they do not have to give the tithe anymore. The text says the end of the law, but the term end is Telos[ ]. By the way, Telos [ ] means 'a point of reach as a limit', 'a consequence' of the state of action.

What do you mean? The theme of Rome is 'justification by faith'. The theme is "the righteousness caused by faith." And Chapter 10 of the Romans means that the basis of faith is a promise made by God, and the promised completion is completed by Jesus Christ wearing his body on this earth. Hallelujah.

In other words, the completion of the law means that Jesus comes, dies on the cross, resurrects, and ascends to heaven. The covenant made in the Old Testament cannot be broken. In particular, Jesus also mentioned this at the time of his ministry, and we all read Matthew 5:17 to 20th verse.

17. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach {them}, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed {the righteousness} of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Hallelujah Amen

Jesus, along with his disciples, while explaining 'Sermon on the Mount', said like this. One reason Jesus came is, "I'm not here to destroy the law or the prophet." "I'm not here to destroy the law or the prophet, but to complete it."

The law refers to the 'Moses' Pentateuch' of the Old Testament as the law. Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy. And the prophet refers to the Major Prophets and Minor Prophets. To explain the Prophets easily, the Major Prophets is a lengthy piece of writing. And the Minor Prophets means short sentence writings. It requires more specific explanation.

And the connotation of the law or the prophet is the whole Old Testament. God's words in every era of that era mean the whole Old Testament. The Old Testament is a perfect revelation of God that Jesus came. There's no mistake and it remains unchanged. But what does it mean to say that Jesus came to complete the law?

Are you trying to understand and keep the word of God that is perfect and completed just only formally? That's not what it is? The original unique meaning of the law was abandoned and the original recorded spirit of the law had disappeared because it was simply kept as a rule.

Everyone, it's the same to give the tithe. What spirit and mind do you give the tithe? We all read Matthew 23:23 together.

23. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier {matters} of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Hallelujah Amen

The Pharisees, the secretary among the people of Israel, kept the tithe thoroughly. According to today's text, They gave God tithe of mint and anise and cummin. Mint and anise and cummin were the smallest units of plant mass at that time. In today's Korean language, it means a few grams, a few kilograms, a few kilos.

At that time, the Jews farmed Millet, and how thoroughly they gave God the tithe, and when they harvest it after Millet farming, the numbers of Millet are counted one by one. And they'll counter that number and give God the tithe. Exactly. Nine Millet, one for me, one for God... Like this.

By the way, Jesus praised them for making such tithe. Exactly distinguishing God's and giving him tithe. Then, Jesus praised the Jews who gave such tithe, saying that doing so is in line with the concept of the tithe mentioned in the Old Testament.

That's a right way giving the tithe. You should not be blinded by the wrong interpretation of the Bible that says you don't have to give the tithe. But one step further, Jesus said this. Jesus is part of the completion of the perfect and complete law on the Tithe. Read verse 23 again.

23. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier {matters} of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Hallelujah Amen

"for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier {matters} of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith:" What is it mean? In case of giving the tithe, the smallest unit of mint and anise and cummin. But what's more important is the spirit of giving the tithe. Jesus said that the spirit of giving the tithe is more important to the law. He asked them to do a great job of giving tithe of mint and anise and cummin. Further more, He said that they had forgotten the more important judgment, mercy and faith of the law. What are judgment, mercy, and faith?

The definition is chrisis [ ], but the origin of this word is chris[ ]. Chris means "distinguish" and "decide" by heart or by law. What does it mean? When people are not few give God the tithe, They think they earned money because they worked hard. No, it's not the money they earned from their hard work, but the money God gave them.

All wealth belongs to God. The concept of giving the tithe should not be said to give God the money I earned. You must believe that everything came from the Lord. Health, substance, happiness, environment... This is the more important concept of "judgment" in the law called Chrysis[ ].

Also, it said mercy. We use the same word "mercy" for the 1st chapter of the Luke, and we all read from the 48th verse to 50th verse of Luke 1

48. For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

49. For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy {is} his name.

50. And his mercy {is} on them that fear him from generation to generation.

Hallelujah Amen

The Virgin Mary is a blessed person. But the source of that blessed life was God's mercy. God took Maria with mercy and conceived the baby Jesus. Jesus said that they had forgotten the more important judgment, mercy and faith of the law, but mercy[ ] is full of the meaning of God's consideration, God's grace, God's work. Hallelujah. For the last time, he said that they had forgotten judgment, mercy and faith, although they had given the tithe of mint and anise and cummin. Faith[ ]

Faith. What kind of faith is it? Read today's passage of Malachi 3:16~18.

16. Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard {it}, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

17.And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

18.Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

Hallelujah Amen

That's right. The mental state of the saints who offer their tithe is to fear God. It is also to respect God. If we don't fear or respect God, can we give God the tithe? But the surprising fact is that when I and you fear God and respect God, God writes our names in the commemorative book.

And look at verse 17. They who fear God and respect God said that God spares about them. Also, in verse 18, he said he would discern. It is the discretion of those who serve God and those who do not.

In conclusion, strangers confess to those who fear and respect God as "blessed" and "blessed." Hallelujah, dear saints, God loves his people. And he wants to bless his people.

God has set a path of blessing, which is called the tithe, as a way to love his people, bless, cherish, and discern his own people. What is the true meaning of the tithe? It is to distinguish God's. It is to worship God. It is to respect God. I pray for you this precious enlightenment in the name of the Lord.

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 3 명
  • 오늘 방문자 265 명
  • 어제 방문자 449 명
  • 최대 방문자 2,023 명
  • 전체 방문자 293,175 명
  • 전체 게시물 -206 개
  • 전체 댓글수 11 개
  • 전체 회원수 255 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand