주일낮설교(한영중)

Holy Spirit of God

0 1,505 2021.05.02 07:53

Acts 3:1~10                                                                    2021/5/2

Title: Holy Spirit of God  

1.   Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.

2.   And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;

3.   Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.

4.   And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.

5.   And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.

7.   Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

8.   And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.

9.   And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

10.   And all the people saw him walking and praising God:

11.   And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.

It happened in a certain area of Chungcheongbuk-do. A fourth grader in elementary school received the Holy Spirit. So, he speaks in dialect and receive a gift from God. And he prays when he goes to school, and when pray at church when he come back home. If you receive the Holy Spirit, you will have such a history although no one ask you to do so,

Therefore, people of church always compliment him. He prays before and after attending school every day... Hallelujah.

One day, this fourth-grade elementary school kid wanted to see the pastor while he was praying in the church. He did not know why, but he wanted to see the pastor. So he ran to the pastor's house. Then, in front of the private house next to the church, he called it “pastor~ pastor~”. Then the wife of the pastor said, “He isn’t at home”. So he asked, “Where did he go?” She answered, “Ah, he went to the other side of town to drive out a ghost”. How curious and excited a fourth grader must be that the pastor went to drive out ghost just like Jesus did.

"I'm going to go watch!" He left his bag at the church and went to the village. When He arrived at the place, the pastor was there to kick the ghost out of the haunted person, with the members of the atrial. Presbyterian missionary, male butler, female butler... They set up an atrial team get rid of ghost.

But when he arrived there, the ghosted person was tied up and locked up in the house. It wasn’t just a ghost, but a very strong ghost. The pastor said, "Untie that thing". “Pastor, it will be dangerous if we untie it. If we untie that, he will hit people. But the pastor said, “God's servant is here, so it will be okay”. Then they started to sing hymns, putting the haunted person in the corner, and sitting around it.

"Those who believe are soldiers..." And they pray out loud. While they were praying hard, suddenly they heard a pumpkin falling from outside. Then heard a female scream. The sound was from female butler who were sitting at the end, lifted and thrown away to the yard by haunted person.

But the possessed person was vet fast. He threw her away and sat back in place. Therefore, the pastor said, "Get a hold of yourself. Sing a hymn loudly. We should not be humiliated by ghost."  Then he sang hymns loudly again and prayed with all his heart to drive out the ghost.

However, it did not end. This time, the haunted person picked up male butler and threw him in to the yard. And then he went back to his place pretending nothing has happened. The pastor got very mad. But they continued to singing hymns and praying. And this time, the female missionary fell to the ground, and only one person left by the pastor, and it was the elder. The pastor asked the elder, "Who's next?" The elder did not answer, but he seemed to say, "Oh, this is my turn."

The elder tried to sing hymns and pray. But it was already there. The haunted man was standing in front of the elder. The elder waved his hand while shouting out, “No! No!”. But no matter what he did, the ghost never let him off the hook but threw him into the ground as well. Then who’ s next? Obviously, it’s the pastor. He fell into panic now. Could not even sing hymns anymore. 

What does the pastor look like? He looked like a mouse being chased by a cat, trembling with fear in one corner. However, everyone, guess what happened. God protected his servant's authority. At the moment when a haunted person and the pastor tried to fight one-on-one in the room, the fourth-grade elementary school student called pastor loudly, "Pastor~ Pastor~", out of the door. When the fourth graders of elementary school passed through the yard of the house, he thought, ‘Ah!! It's weird~ Why are church butlers, missionaries, and elders on the ground?’. But when the kid call 'Pastor! Pastor!', the room went crazy.

The haunted person held foam at the mouth and fell in front of the pastor who were trembling with fear until just a few minutes ago. What happened? How is this possible? The ghosted person was so enthusiastic to hurt the pastor until just a moment ago. But not the person who fell on the floor, fell into a deep sleep, snoring as a baby. Hallelujah.

Maybe it’s been an hour, the haunted person returned to normal. The ghost left from the person and his mind became intact. Maybe. And he confessed like this. “Pastor! Pastor! When the pastor, the elders, and people came into my house, the pastor was holding a small stick, the elder was holding a thin cane, and others were not holding anything, but just came in empty-handed. That is why I threw people onto the ground, thinking that people came to the war without a weapon. And the pastor had a small stick, but you did not hit me with it. Maybe you could not see it, because you did not believe.

But when you were trembling with the stick, I suddenly heard a thunderous roar outside.” 

What sound was he talking about? He said that when the 4th grade kid called pastor,, that sound was like a huge thunderstorm. And the most surprise thing was that there was a enormously huge sword on the kid’s hand. Hallelujah, and at that moment he fainted and the ghost went away.

It's the power of the Holy Spirit. It's the authority of the Holy Spirit. The power and authority of the Holy Spirit transcends the position of human. Whoever receive the Holy Spirit, regardless of status, shows the power and authority of the Holy Spirit.

Hallelujah, the Holy Spirit is in your presence.

After Jesus' resurrection and ascension, the disciples gathered in the attic of Mark John and prayed earnestly. And they received the power of the Holy Spirit. Then the power of the Holy Spirit allowed them to repeat the amazing experiences of the time when Jesus was alive and worked together. 

What does that mean? When the disciples played the role of symbiotic lover with Jesus, it was a series of miracles and enemy-benefitting history wherever they went. The dead are brought back to life, disabled man become able to be seated, blinds open their eye, and ghosts are driven out of the haunted. Hallelujah. And this amazing ability was also appeared to his disciples. After praying eagerly in the attic of mark John, the disciples experience the power of the Holy Spirit breaking like fire. They were baptized. They were filled with the Holy Spirit. And the fullness of the Holy Spirit led them to an amazing experience of speaking in different dialects. The disciples did not stop praying after having this amazing experience.

They prayed three times a day in a fixed time. But on the way up to the church to pray, they met a disabled man in front of the church, and the man begs to Peter and John, who came up to pray at the church. But Peter and John did not have money as they were on the way up to the church for prayer, therefore said like this. Let’ s read verses 3 through 6 together.

3.   Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.

4.   And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.

5.   And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.

6.   Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk

Hallelujah, amen.

As the disabled man begged, Peter and John said, “Sir, we are going to church for prayer now, so did not bring our wallets. How should I help you? We will pray for you, sir. We will give you something more important and precious than money. I don’t have any money, but I’ll let you get up and walk. 

Hallelujah

Everyone, guess what happened then. The disabled man who received the prayer of Peter and John, stood up and started to walk with the power of the Holy Spirit. He did not end by walking but stared to run and dance as well. Let’ s read verse 7 and 8 together. 

7.   And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.

8.   And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

Hallelujah, amen. 

How amazing is that? It's the power of the Holy Spirit, and authority of the Holy Spirit. The pastor was doing ministry in a poor village. Nowadays, developed construction technology enabled to construct double or triple window in apartments and houses, it was quiet at home no matter how noisy outside is. 

But old houses were not only shabby, but the small sound of outside were also vividly transmitted to the house. So they couldn’t sleep. The pastor of the church also could not sleep because of beating gongs and janggu outside, which was too noisy to sleep at night. Then he found out that the shaman was doing an exorcism next to the church. But the exorcism lasted for three days, so he couldn't sleep.

Therefore, the pastor went out to the place where the exorcism was performing. And he watched the scene of the exorcism performance. But the surprising thing was that the shaman does an exorcism jumping on top of the sharp straw-cutter. And the shaman shakes the bamboo tree while jumping wildly. And the strange thing was that the shaman did not get hurt at all although he was jumping on the sharp straw cutter.

Everyone, by the way, the moment the pastor visits the site, a strange phenomenon has occurred. A shaman, who were jumping on a sharp straw cutter a little while ago, just came down from the cutter without any spirit. And he tilted his head with sweat on his forehead. The people in the neighborhood were like, "Oh, I don't have enough effort." And they said, "We should put more fees! we don't have enough fees."

Then, the exorcist puts the money on a table with a pig head. Then the shaman once again went on to the straw cutter, and somehow, he came down in a hurry and tilted his head again. Then, the villagers started to make a fuss by saying, "We are still lacking in compassion." The shaman sweats got sweaty and sweat like a waterfall. Then now, he put his head down.

But the shaman, who was bowing his head, suddenly said this. “If anyone here serves Jesus Christ, please go back. God is not coming down because of Jesus." As soon as the shaman said this, all eyes headed to the pastor.

Then one of the people in the neighborhood said, "Uh. There's a chapel teacher here. The pastor is here”. So, the shaman said politely, "Sir, I'm sorry, but could you excuse me? God is not coming because of you.”

Then the pastor was flattered for some reason. And he said this. "Oh~ Okay, if it's because of me, I'll go back," Then he withdrew. He even imagined kicking out the ghost and Satan in the name of Jesus, but he suppressed himself for virtue.

But I think the shaman was very thankful to the pastor. The pastor could have just broken the exorcism performance by telling Satan to leave, but the pastor just withdrew. And about three month later, a new believer came to the church and all seven members of the family came together.

Generally, new member of the church come through other members of the church, but in this case, this family came by themselves without any evangelization. 

On Saturday night, all the family members took a bath, got a haircut, changed into new clothes, and all the family members came out to church on Sunday. After the service, the pastor asks while greeting. "What made you decide to come to church? Where do you live?" The mother of the family replied. "Pastor! We live in this neighborhood. But not too long ago, I had bad luck and bad luck in my family, so I called a shaman to do an exorcism. But after the exorcism shaman told us that we must attend this church if we don't want your house to be cut off.”

Hallelujah, how amazing is this? The shaman evangelized the family who came to do exorcism and sent them to the church. The pastor was very thankful to the shaman so he though that he really should thank the shaman someday.

But one day, when he couldn't go to the shaman's house because he was busy with work, met the shaman in a narrow alley. Because it was inevitable to avoid, the pastor greeted the shaman. 

"Thank you for sending a family to our church last time. I was going to come and find you, but now, we met here like this."

Then the shaman said, "Pastor, please don't say that. We are all in the same business. I was glade I could do that." The pastor suddenly went blank when he heard what the shaman said. He said, "We're in the same business."

The pastor has been in a daze for a long time, and the shaman said, "Pastor, don't we have a missionary god and you have Jesus God? But we know that the strongest god is Jesus God.“ Everyone, people in the shaman industry knows everything.

But the shaman's next words were more shocking to the pastor. "When the time comes, I will also go to Jesus. Because I know that Jesus is the supreme God." 

Hallelujah. Everyone, ghosts know very well. The thing that ghosts fear most is the Holy Spirit.

What ghosts and Satan fear most is the power and ability of the Holy Spirit. For those who believe in Jesus today, God Almighty God, the God who created heaven and all things, the God of power, the God who governs, supervises, and manages the world, and lives with him as a father.

Jesus is the son of God who came to this earth in his body. Jesus, who is the God, came to earth as a human and showed himself to people. And told us to wait for the promise of the Father, the Father of God. Father's promise is receiving the Holy Spirit.

He said that the power and authority will be given when the Holy Spirit comes. The Holy Spirit is among us. Because the Holy Spirit is with us, the power of the Holy Spirit appears as power in our lives. Hallelujah. Let’s read verse 9 and verse 10 together.

9.   And all the people saw him walking and praising God:

10.   And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.

Hallelujah Amen. It's the history of the Holy Spirit. It's the power of the Holy Spirit.

A disabled man sitting in front of the church door stood up. And through Peter and John, he could get up and walk in the name of Jesus Christ. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, he experienced miracles. Then he not only able to stand up and walk, but also could run. And he praised God. He confessed that he has been corrected in the name of Jesus and confesses that the God has healed him with the Holy Spirit.

People were surprised, as disabled men were walking around who could not even stand. They experience the Holy Spirit through the disabled men who rises through Peter and John. They experienced the power of the Holy Spirit and experienced the living of God. Hallelujah.

Dear saints, I believe that the Holy Spirit, the grateful power, and ability, is already present and accompanying us. The Holy Spirit has blessed our lives and guided us to this place today. He help us, and he is with us. He is accompanied. I trust the Holy Spirit, who has accompanied, guided, and lived together, will continue to guide me and your way of life. Hallelujah.

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 9 명
  • 오늘 방문자 366 명
  • 어제 방문자 405 명
  • 최대 방문자 2,023 명
  • 전체 방문자 294,307 명
  • 전체 게시물 -206 개
  • 전체 댓글수 11 개
  • 전체 회원수 255 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand