주일낮설교(한영중)

1 Peter 1:19-23

1 Peter 1:19-23

19. but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

20. He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

21. Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.

22. Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.

23. For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Japan had committed numerous evil to Joseon, such as name changing, (동방요배)bowing, (정오묵도)salute, and shrine worship, etc. It was a difficult and painful time for Christians. However, in such situation, Elder Kim Yong-ki greets liberation without any of those rituals. It is curious thing.

There was one reason why the elder was able to be liberated without attending the worship rituals at all. Here it is. Once, he was arrested and taken to the police station for refusing to visit the shrine by a Japanese high-ranking police officer. Elder Kim Yong-ki, who was taken to the Japanese police station, was tortured as to why he does not visit shrines or worship the Japanese emperor.

Then the elder prayed to God and sought wisdom, and the Christian could not lie, so he was answered to tell only the truth. So, the elder told the Japanese police that “Most of the people who worship at the shrine seem to worship on the outside, but who knows if they curse inside? So I don't swear at the emperor of Japan even if I don't worship at the shrine. If I swear at the Emperor inside while worshiping at a shrine, it is insulting God that I believe in, so isn't it good for each other not to worship at a shrine?”

The Japanese police officer, who heard Elder Kim Yong-ki's sincere and honest confession, was deeply impressed. And he gave advice like this. "You're right!" But he cautioned, saying, "Never go to another church and tell this story." And since then, Elder Kim Yong-ki had not been interfered with even if he did not visit the shrine until liberation.

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 6 명
  • 오늘 방문자 266 명
  • 어제 방문자 405 명
  • 최대 방문자 2,023 명
  • 전체 방문자 294,207 명
  • 전체 게시물 -206 개
  • 전체 댓글수 11 개
  • 전체 회원수 255 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand