주일낮설교(한영중)

성 경 : 마2:1-6 People who met the Jesus - The Magi

0 1,702 2017.02.03 14:01

675496ce2054e9786a56111b2ade767d_1486098064_5463.jpg

2:1 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi  from the east came to Jerusalem
  2 and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."
  3 When King Herod heard this he was disturbed, and all Jerusalem with him.
  4 When he had called together all the people's chief priests and teachers of the law, he asked them where the Christ was to be born.
  5 "In Bethlehem in Judea," they replied, "for this is what the prophet has written:
  6 "'But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will be the shepherd of my people Israel.'"

The sincere Christian hopes to meet the Jesus even in dream. When I I I hope you that when Jesus came to land and calls our name, we can say 'Amen' and greeting him.How did we meet Jesus? In the Bible, It found the Magi 's trail which they met the Jesus. it found the people who met the Jesus when Jesus came to land. Today, we are going to meet the Magi  who came to Jesus  when he was born. Because they saw the star and worshiped Him.

1. Worshiped to the Christ child who came to as a King of Jews.

The Magi  went to the Jerusalem castle in Israel. It was governed by the King of Herod. But today when we see the text verse 2, what did say it? Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews! Dear Congregation, who governed Israel?  Herod, the tetrarch did it. The Roman Emperor appointed him. So he was a king of lsrael. But what the Magi  said it?

"Who is another King? accept the Herod appointed by the Roman Emperor. It was a serious problem at that time. At that time King had a absolute power. Therefore if any one mentioned other name except King of Herod, it was obvious treason.

Comparing the situation of Korea which divided into the two government. South based on democracy and opposite, North based on communism. It was illegality in the National Security Law
Past years, It was used to infringe upon human rights and Politician used it to stay in power. By the way, the Magi who from the East asked fearlessly "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews" That news spreaded like wildfire. Also, King of Herod hearded it.

When we saw end of the verse 2, It written very specifically why they came to Bethlehem. Let' see. "We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him. Because they came to worship him.Dear congregation, the meaning of worship is act of worship. But the other meaning is 'adore' the cult-figure. And also have to praise  ‘honor' and  'dignity'. In conclusion, They meaned that don't care Herod. Altough he was a king of Israel, but they don't treat him as a king.

However, how powerful dignity he is. It was really huge. How did we know it? In verse 4, we can see that he was mad. But on the other hand, he hearded the news that the Magi came to worship the king of Jerusalem. And he was afraid of it. He asked about birth of Chirst. At that time, they knew it excactly. it written detail in verse 5 and 6. Let's read verse 5 and 6 together.

5 "In Bethlehem in Judea," they replied, "for this is what the prophet has written:
  6 "'But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, are by no means least among the rulers of Judah; for out of you will come a ruler who will be the shepherd of my people Israel.'

Amen. They knew the birth of Jesus the king of jews exactly. However they couldn't worship Jesus because of Herod's dignity and cruel.

I think that why they couldn't worship Jesus the king of jews. Because they feared herod more than God. They feared to be ruled by Herod more than Almighty God. In that point, we must think one thing. In the morning, we come to worship and will meet the God who will come. Even though we face difficult and hard situation, the more important thing us to worship God.

Heberew Chapter 11 called by the  'Chapter of Believe'. It went into detail the many people belief of forefather. It also had a faith of hebrew  midwives when Moses was born.It recorded very shortly in Hebrew Chapter 11 verse 23. Let's read it together.

23 By faith Moses' parents hid him for three months after he was born, because they saw he was no ordinary child, and they were not afraid of the king's edict.Amen.  Moses was born by faith. Exodus written the faith of hebrew  midwives. Let's read the Exodus chapter 2 verse 15-17 together.

15 The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiphrah and Puah,
16 "When you help the Hebrew women in childbirth and observe them on the delivery      stool, if it is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live."
17 The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live

Amen. Their faith is that to break  what the king of Egypt had told them. In other words, It is the fear and awe of the Lord. we can't imagine the power of Egypt King which we can see. in those days, the king of Egypt pharaoh was same at the sun-god.Egypt people called pharaoh as the son of the sun-god. and he also became the cult-figure. He was able to made a man to live and to die  by his word.

When we see the mural exsting of egypt, some of them shows that many child was drowned. We may guess that how great his power is.

At that time, It is very dangerous to break the order of King and it's same to give his life. Let's think about the magi. They said "We came to worship king of jews" in front of Herod. Could you accept it? Moreover, the high priests and secretaries really want to worship Jesus.
But they didn't because of the situation... It was very really situation.

Dear congregation, we who are lived by this world are exposed by same situation. Especially in recession, we must live such as the magi, a faith of hebrew  midwives. Then don't afraid of king but fear the Lord and worship Jesus the king of jews. .When we define the Belief, it can't see and to believe God who supervise the world and control everything. hallelujah

2.  The God who control the every world and creature.
Sometimes, we feel for christian his belief. Christian know that if they don't believe the Jesus, then they go to hell. But when I read the bible, sometimes I have a doubt.Would people who didn't hear the gospel go to heaven? What will be their destination? Gospel, in other words, the word of God have gotten  through the Israel to Europe and  US. In the end came to Korea by the Missionary.

And then I had a doubt, how could be people who didn't believe the Jesus before gospel got through the Korea. logically, they didn't heard and believe him. So they go to hell. But it have leeway to misunderstand of God perfect. Moreover, it's amazing that it was also written in the bible. At least, It is not too much to say that the magi didn't know the gospel.

They came from the east which didn't have a gospel. Surpsingly, they did not know the God and didn't believe. But when they knew the birth of Jesus they came to worship. Even though they lived in East. But how they came to Jerusalem and Bethlehem? They saw the star. in the Text written it 'his star'. What's meaning of it? It means that "the Christ child".

Then how they knew the Christ child? we agree that the see the bible comprehensive. Before the gospel, it was called 'times of conscience'. it's providence of God and common grace. Common grace is that God's salavation put through the general revelation.General revelation has a many ways. It put God's revelation through the such as dreams, natures. Today text, the magi saw the 'his star' and came to Bethlehem. And it's meaning also God's general revelation

hallelujah! The magi saw the star and came through the God's general revelation. They saw the 'His star' the christ child which is general revelation. And they obeyed.There are so many revelations of common grace in the bible. In Acts chapter 16 verse 9, Paul wanted to go to the Asia. But he saw the a Macedonian in his dreams. After that he gave up the his plna and went to the Macedonia.

In addition, Abraham sent his servant to prepare his son's wife. In Genesis Chapter 24 verse 12, How His servant find the bride in the distant country.At that time he prayed to God. "O LORD, God of my master Abraham, give me success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham.Amen. He prayed that give him to success.

And in verse 14, May it be that when I say to a girl, 'Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,' and she says, 'Drink, and I'll water your camels too'-let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.

Let's think about it. He prayed and went to a well side. And there was a girl. So he asked to give a water. Then, she did it and gives it camel too.  Dear congregation, In Romans Chater 3 verse 29,  "Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too"

God governs the people, universe, all things. And He let all the people know by Bible special revelation. But also let them know general revelation.Therefore we believe him who can't do anything and live anywhere. He knows everything and do everything.

Hallelujah

Even see the text. The magi worshiped Jesus with pure heart.  They don't care the politics. But focus on the to worship. So they came from the East even it is too far. We can know the God's way about general revelation trough the today's text. Let's read verse 12 together.

12 And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.

Amen. We can know that God look after the maig who came to worship with his eyes. Herod said to them if they found the Jesus, let he knew also. Because he also wanted to worship.But in the dream, God said to the magi. Don't come to Herod. Because God knows Herod told a lie.  Hallelujah !

Yes, dear congregations! Today If we worship God wholeheartedy, he will save us. When Jesus came to land, the magi came to worship even though they were far from Jerusalem. It was not easy way. That time It didn't have a traffic. And it also had a difficult likewise wild animals. Moreover Herod had a trick to kill them. But nothing made them to worship Jesus.

Dear congregation, We also come to worship to Kyungdong church like them. They came to worship wholeheartedly. So God save them all of the troubles. Even though Herod want to kill them, God save them from the Herod.Congregation who lived by faith! If we live by faith and hope Jesus's came,  God didn't look away. May this bless to us. In the name of Jesus.

Comments

Category
State
  • 현재 접속자 4 명
  • 오늘 방문자 153 명
  • 어제 방문자 331 명
  • 최대 방문자 2,023 명
  • 전체 방문자 297,011 명
  • 전체 게시물 -205 개
  • 전체 댓글수 11 개
  • 전체 회원수 255 명
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand